Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Makris Holiday Rooooaaaaddd...trip! Part 1

 Well its no secret road trips are not my favorite thing in the world.  I rank them just above dealing with a child who has to make number 2 on a vacant stretch of road (why does this happen to us) and hearing "are we there yet" for the 1,582 time while not even out of the state of Texas yet.  I lost again because I  seriously LOVE my husband... blah, blah...blah.   He talked me into another road trip. A loooong road trip.  We drove home to visit our family and friends.  We made a few stops on the way.  Indianapolis Motor Speedway was one of our stops.  Hayden is going to love this a race track, I can't wait to see his face...are some of things that were said prior to making our reservations.  What thanks did we get from our slightly spoiled little Nascar redneck as he looked onto the track from the suite "It's boring, no cars".  That's right folks we are raising an elite Nascar redneck.  We made him complete the tour without cars on the track.  We are so mean like that.

 We conducted interviews



 Of course we made it to victory circle..we're the Makris family





We kissed the bricks.  The germaphobe in me got over it.  The germaphope in Hayden couldn't.


Our kids Love hotels.  Hayden especially LOVES hotels.  He asks to go to a hotel often.  I find this really crazy with his sensory and transitions issues he has.  He adores them that's part of the reason I can't win the "let's go on a road trip" speech.

What, doesn't everybody sit in a hotel window with their Ipad while watching the cars go by on the express way?  No, well everyone should its really the bomb and it takes your sister forever to figure out where you are.

Nope she is not awake its a figment of your imagination.

One of the reasons I actually agreed to go on this road trip instead of flying was so we could stop and see my family in Tennessee on the way home.  I haven't seen most of them in years and it was so awesome to spend even a little time with them.  They got to meet Cynthia for the first time. We also got to have lunch with a great friend and his lovely family while driving through Indiana.

And of course we had to stop in and see the duck commander warehouse.


She insisted I take her picture by Phil but she didn't want to stand by him alone, He scared her.  I don't get it either.

All in all it was a great road trip.  I went through 1 package of wipes, 2 boxes of tissues, and pulled out the kiddy potty only once on the side of the road, thank you to all the friendly cars passing by who honked at us.  I am convinced that Hayden does it on purpose...I mean really what little boy doesn't dream of doing his business on the the side of the road in a pink princess potty while mack trucks honk at you?  We aim to please little man, you are welcome.  

We traveled through 10 states, saw people and places we would never have seen otherwise, battled a flock of naughty chickens and had a lot of laughs.  Most important we spent some much needed quality time as a family.  What could be better than that? 

Love
Tina

Part 2: Michigan (coming soon)



No comments: