Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Cupcake

Dear Cupcake on your 3rd Birthday,


I've known you for such a short time, yet I feel like you have been in my heart forever.  You taught me that I didn't have to give birth to a child to love them just as much.  From the moment you came into my life, you were mine.  The love I have for you grows every day.  Your smile lights up my day and your laugh warms my heart.  From the first time I saw you and then when you took my hand. From the first time you sat on daddies lap, we knew our family was complete.  Your faith and trust in me from day one will always amaze me.  I hope that you will always know how much you were prayed for, how much you were wanted.  All of those prayers were answered the day you came to our family.  I cannot wait to make you an official member of the Makris family.  You will never know how much I pray that day comes quickly and smoothly.  The day that will  make official what has been in my heart since I first saw you.  Words will never be able to convey  how much you are loved, adored, cherished and wanted. I can't promise you perfection.  I am not perfect, but I will try my hardest to be everything you need me to be.  I promise to always support your dreams.  I promise to always love you and support you in all that you will someday become.   I promise you will never be alone or unprotected ever again.  Thank you for making me a mommy again my beautiful little girl.  

Love forever and always,
Your Mommy

I didn't give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.

No comments: