Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dear Hayden Michael



Dear Hayden Michael on your 7th Birthday

Seven years ago you made me what I always wanted to be, a mommy. March 18th, 2005 was the best day of my life. I didn't know at the time but my pregnancy with you would be my last. I didn't know but many of those special moments would be my firsts and my lasts. I am so grateful that I cherished every moment of them. The first time you kicked me, I was trying to take a nap. The first time I got sick, I ate hot fries dipped in frosting. That one might have been my fault. The first time I heard your heart beat. The first time I saw your face on an ultrasound. Opening up that piece of paper that told us you were a boy. The first time I heard you cry. The When they placed you on my chest my whole life had new meaning. My life for the first time had a purpose and everything clicked into place.




Watching you grow and learn has been a pure joy. Every Milestone has been a triumph. You have made me a better person than I ever thought I could be. You have made me a better mommy than I ever dreamed of being. You bring the sun through the rain. You bring laughter through the tears. You bring the dreams through the hopelessness.

I only hope I can be half of what you think I am. The unending love you have for me brings me to my knees. The trust you show me humbles me. Thank you for being the most amazing boy a mommy could ever ask for.

Please know that I will screw up it's what mommy's sometimes do. I promise to always love you unconditionally and always believe in what you can do and never underestimate all that you will become.



Love,
Your mommy

No comments: